[Note: Updated with Method #2, #3 and Additional Tip on February 13th, 2012, minor updates January, 2014]

My 4 year old boy loves my Verizon Fascinate and I knew he would screw up my phone in one way or another so I set a pattern lock to my phone. Not surprisingly, my phone was soon locked…. and also bricked! After 20 unsuccessful pattern attempts, the Android OS locks your phone with a “Too many pattern attempts!” message and asks for your Google account name and password. I only had one and I knew the password worked but it did not unlock my phone no matter what, only giving me a “Invalid user name or password” message – this is a serious bug for Android and also Verizon.

I’ve tried multiple methods found online (including the “null” password) but none of them were successful which made me quite frustrated and I did not want to perform a factory reset only to erase all of my contacts and installed apps. After trial and error, I believe this is the only solution that works without performing a factory reset.

It seems the problem lies when you have multiple accounts set up on your phone (such as your Facebook/Youtube or Twitter account) and the OS just does not get to your Google account username and password when you type in your Google account information. (note: you may want to try those username and passwords before starting the instructions below)

The solution is to get into your account through a security flaw. This is definitely a critical security flaw as any unauthorized users can access your phone this way.

Instructions:

[METHOD 1]
[Note: This solution works for the Verizon Fascinate Galaxy-S phone. Many other phones are known to work and many others don’t as well.]

1. Completely power off and power on your Galaxy-S phone.

2. Right after you pass the Galaxy-S and just before the Verizon Wireless logo video ends, immediately tap on the home button extremely fast and repeatedly (at least 4-5 times per second). If the Emergency Call button pops up, click that every now and then (3-5 times) but keep tapping on the home button. During this process your phone may flash the password screen or keypad screen just a few times and your phone will seem to be lagging due to the tapping.

3. Keep tapping until you see your Android home buttons stay steady at the bottom. Voila, you’re in your phone! If the emergency keypad constantly shows up or if it shows the Google account screen constantly, you have failed. The success rate can be around 15-50% so keep trying until it works. (You may want to grab a young phone-savvy guy or girl to do it if your fingers are too slow)

4. Find and run the Settings App and go to Accounts & Sync.

5. Under Manage Accounts, remove all accounts except your Google account.

6. Press your power button off and on and enter your correct Google account information.

7. It will ask for a new security pattern. Enter it twice and you are done!

This solution worked for me. If it does for you, please leave a comment with your carrier and phone model to let others know that it worked!

[METHOD 2]

I recommend the tapping method first but if that doesn’t work or you don’t have a home button, here is a different method to try pretty much based on the same concept. (again, will depend on app compatibility and may not work for all phones)

This method uses a free app called Screen Lock Bypass. (thanks to Michele for introducing this, [UPDATE: free version has been pulled off, only paid full version available which may or may not work on your phone. Try METHOD 3 first!]) Please use this at your own risk as I cannot be responsible for any of the results caused from using this app. Basically, you’ll be using this app to bypass the screen lock and delete the other accounts blocking your Google username/password to accept.

1. Go to the Android Market download page on your desktop and install the app. (Yes, you are able to install apps using your desktop instead of your phone) Direct link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thomascannon.screenlockbypass.fix (note: You need to login to the Android Market using your Google username and password that you used when you first set up your phone. This is the username and password that “should have” unlocked your phone in the first place.)

2. Select the phone you have (this is why you need to login with the right Google ID) and install the app. Wait about 5 minutes or restart your phone and wait a good amount of time for the app to fully install.

3. On the app instructions, it says to install any other app to trigger the Screen Lock Bypass app. I did not do this but for me, restarting the phone, waiting, soft off and on seemed to trigger it. (may have been triggered by a message though, this is the part where it unexpectedly blanked and disabled my screen for a good while.)

4. If it worked and bypassed the “too many pattern attempts” screen, go to phone Settings and then select Accounts & Sync.

5. Under Manage Accounts, remove all accounts except your Google account. (this should enable your Google username and password)

6. Go to Settings and select Applications, then Manage Applications.

7. Find Screen Lock Bypass and uninstall the app. (this will trigger the “too many pattern attempts” screen immediately)

8. Use your original Google username and password to finally unlock your phone properly.

9. Enter your new security pattern twice to finish!

If Method 2 worked for you, please leave your comments with your phone make and model to let us know!

[Method 3]

This was suggested by commenter Guru and has potential to work with all phones as it was claimed to work with the Galaxy S2.

Pre Condition: You remember the pattern and you remember your Google password and Android account is listed while using instructions below. Data services (Wi-Fi or mobile) should be enabled.

1. Using your computer, log into your Google account. You can verify your correct Google account using the Additional Tip at the bottom of this article.

2. Go to this link directly – https://accounts.google.com/IssuedAuthSubTokens OR click your Google e-mail on the top right corner, select Account settings, then hit “Visit the previous version of the Google accounts screen” towards the bottom, click “Authorizing applications & sites ” under your Personal Settings > Security.

3. Under “Connected Sites, Apps & Services – “Revoke Access” of your Google Account with Android. You will see the screen showing “You have successfully revoked access to Full Account Access”
[Alternate for step 3 – If you have already signed up for 2-Step Authorization previously and are able to generate a new application-specific password at the bottom, go ahead and generate a new password and use that password to unlock your device]

4. Enter Gmail login and password on your phone. It will now accept your login details and will show a pattern screen. Enter the “correct” pattern and you can see the home screen.

Again, if this works for you, let us know!

Good Luck!

[Additional Tip]
If you don’t remember your Google username and password, it may be an account that was used during signup and never used afterwards. You can confirm this by logging into your Google Account and going to this page: https://market.android.com/account. Select the Settings tab and you should be able to see your phone device. If you do not see your phone listed, it is probably under a different Google ID. If your phone carrier cannot retrieve your Google e-mail used during signup, try this link to possibly retrieve it:

[Note: If these solutions didn’t work for you, the last thing I can recommend is a factory reset which is normally done through a simple button combination that is different for each phone. You should be able to google it or find factory reset instructions from your phone manufacturer or cell phone service provider at no charge.]

[Update] I’ve added instructions on how to factory reset your Galaxy-S phone. Please see http://www.ultratechy.com/how-to-factory-reset-your-verizon-fascinate-samsung-galaxy-s-phone/

822 Responses to How to Unlock Android Phone After Too Many Pattern Attempts Without Factory Reset

1. selly says:

how to unlock gmail account i forget my password

2. Vicky says:

Will it work for my att samsung galaxy captivate?!

3. christie says:

what about the huawei sonic, a frend forge this nine dot combo and theres so many possibilities, we could be here for ever, would u please figure it out?

4. DP says:

This was great .. I thought I would lose all my data now …
    The way it worked for me was …. i pressed home button on my samsung galaxy s2 .. almost 50 times or more … repeatedly .. @rate 3-4 times per sec …. but it did not show up the home screen …. i tried the gmail password after pressing home so many times … and PHEW .. it did accept my gmail password …. I got into the home screen … went to settings .. disable the screen pattern lock …. did a lock unlock without pattern …. and set the new pattern lock again … now its working fine..

Thanks a ton !!

5. i hate droid locks so much says:

i have a htc evo shift from sprint i need help to unlock it

6. unsuccefull says:

Did not work at al tried about 50 times Flipping out LG Optimis Sprint

7. heather says:

My phone is no longer activated but I need to get it unlocked to get it reactivated on my number, it doesnt have my google accont on it anymore, but when I unlock it your way then it locks again it messed up. Idk what to do.

8. Maria says:

After an hour of searching online for some help i found what you had written and It actually worked on my samsung gio second time round, im so chuffed now as was getting very frustrated with it, Thank you so very much 🙂 xx

9. Ray says:

Thanks this really worked for my samsung intercept !

10. Brooke says:

It worked for me!!!!! My touch 4g. Thank you

11. Mina says:

It not work w my phone 🙁 I hava a Android cell phone.

12. cathrine says:

i have an GT – 15500 and i have tryed yur techniquie thinkgy a MILLION times but it still isn’t working, can u help? i need to get it fixed before my parants find out!! :/

13. juju says:

omg thanks 😀 this helped me so much! i was able to get into safe mode so i could enter in the lg hidden menu code to reset my phone to factory settings, you’re a life saver xo

14. prashant says:

pls help
    i recently bought a samsung galaxy y and there is no home screen button on it pls help i hv not signed in with google

15. Confused says:

I have the Droid 2 for Verizon and the factory reset thing isn’t working for me. All I got was the triangle, but that’s all! Please help me!

16. kira says:

I have a lg optimus from metro pcs. it is telling me to enter password to unlock the screen but i do not remember any password. My daughter did not pay her bill and that is what i am trying to do over the phone but i cannot even speak to anyone. so can someone please tell me what can i do because soon as i turn the phone it does this….please help

17. mario says:

f……….g hell! it worked after many many many times,my fingers still hurt though!!

18. Diane says:

What about a Droid Incredible 2. I have tried what you say, but it has a slid down button to access anything once it is turned on. (on the touch screen) do I so anything with that or just push the home button. I have found nothing to help with the Incredible 2. UGGHHHH HELP,,,,ANYONE!!

19. Destiny says:

I have tried it like a million times and its not working. when i go to push emergency call button the dialer pops up. Should it? i have T Mobile Galaxy S

20. Alexys says:

Please Help Me !! Foolish Brother Locked Up My Phone With The Pattern Lock . I Don’t Have The Galaxy S Thingy . I Have An Lg Optimus From Metro PCS . Any Ideas ?? I Really Need My Phonee Back !

21. GHAS says:

i have one galaxy 3 does it work on it ? if yes tell me how please

22. pamela says:

it didnt work for me a have a stright talk android i need help

23. bilal says:

my cell have been locked n i have forgotten my google password… my cell model is samsung galaxy gt-i9000… please reply me soon with method…

24. 901phatboi says:

Worked for Samsung Galaxy S Showcase for CSpire…….took me a few tries but I finally got in there!!!

25. Rose says:

Where can I find this video?

26. Joly says:

By any chance someone knows how to unlock a phone from att to tmobile with out having to pay (free) ..thanks

27. Adrian says:

I have a Samsung Gravity Smart and it is locked from too many attempts. I do not know my email or password. Please help.

28. kadarius corley says:

u keep on sayin u want my heart .

29. kadarius corley says:

u keep on sayin u want my heart.

30. ashleigh says:

hi um i did this on my Samsung replenish. did the call and press home and it went back to the email unlock i tried like alot of stuff and i still cant get it. help please(:

31. Dezion says:

i got a lg optimous phone tried everything nothin works please help i kept messing with the lock i know it but its keep saying sorry try again please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

32. samantha says:

i have the other android and i don’t have a home buttin then what should i pres ?

33. samantha says:

i have the first android and it don’t have the home buttin what should i pres????

34. samantha says:

i tryed but it did not work 🙁 :/

35. Charlieb says:

Thank u so much it worked perfectly on my samsung intercept. I realy

36. Jake Linton says:

I had the exact same problem on my sg5. Its because you probably have more than one accounts saved onto your phone. What I did was plug my phone into my computer, then when the Kies or USM message popped up I clicked on USM then keep tapping the home button really fast, which makes it glitch out and go to your home screen. Then I went into setting > Accounts & sync then deleted all accounts but your email account. its a small sacrifice but its better than factory resting

37. andrew says:

what can i do for my huawei ideos u8150

38. Zotea says:

I have Micromax A55 bling…ive see lot of another phone how they and how to unlock in the help forum but i dont even see Micromax A55 bling…I NEED YOUR HELP….im just depend on your answer now…

39. Hannah says:

PLEASE HELP?! I got locked out of my samsung Acclaim phone from someone trying to do my unlock pattern, now it says there is to many pattern attempts and i have to put in my gmail username and password but its not working and is saying its invalid. i managed to get on my settings and sync facebook,twitter,and yahoo but it went right back to the gmail sign in and still wont work!?

40. aleem says:

ialso hav a same pro bt i hav samsung galaxy fit 🙁 plzzz help me out ….???

41. miles says:

i still can get it unlock

42. annie says:

how do you unlock an htc evo..im desperate, ive tried everything and nothing is working.

43. michelle says:

wow thank u so much for this, it worked first time on my samsung galaxy .

44. Harley says:

Hay can u help me I need to get my phone unlocked it’s a huawei after to many pattern attempts plz help mere and I forgot my password and username help me out plz

45. raz says:

HELP MY 5YEAR OLD LOCKED MY S2.I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES BUT NOT WORKING IV SWITCHED THE PHONE OFF THEN ON ENTERD MY SIM PASSWORD THEN MESSAGE COMES TYPE GOOGLE ACCOUNT WHICH I HAVE FORGOT AND PASSWORD PLEASE REPLIE

46. marc says:

Cheers, worked a treat on my samsung galaxy apollo. After spending a day typing different user name n password combos. Happy now

47. aaron says:

i have the same phone, but when i press the emegancy button, it justs go to the emergancy dialer? Help please

48. tracie says:

plz lord david help me i have a galaxy s 2 i cant do your timing ive lost my password even google one i need a tips

49. mercy says:

hey my phone is samsung galaxy mini model GT. s5570 made from china. it has blocked and asking for a google account which i dont remember having. andI don’t care if i reset my factory. I’ve tried the home button tapping, but my phone is different to the one in the video, mine only has 2 touch buttons and an actual home button is on the touch screen. I also don’t have verizon (whatever that is :s). please help

50. kei says:

i forgot my pattern in my galaxy y what will i do?

51. afreen says:

mine is samsung mid….! it is been sayin too many attempts..! and is asking fo my google a/c bt hw much i hav been trying it…! it is showing incorrect id o pwd..!!! does any 1 noe wa to do??? if u all hav ny idea abt it plzzz pass it to me it wud be a grt help…!

52. David says:

Guys,

I’ve tried those methods found online (including the “null” password)using the volume up, home button and the power button, this hasn’t worked either but none of them were successful for me. I would say my Galaxy 4G does not have a personal gmail account set up there I bought that from my collegue and my collegue had put as default .
    Any chance of getting an explanation drom you on this ?

Please help me out of this, i am in very bad needed.

53. David says:

I samsung galaxy 4G locked by girfriend she used wrong pattern 20 times. the pattern has been done 2 many times now needing my gmail account.
    My galaxy does not set up in gmail account. I created one, but no working.
    Is there any chance of getting an explaination on this ? Am in very bad needed.

54. Aryanne says:

como faço para desbloquear a tela do Samsung Galaxy 5 ?

55. Lucky says:

I have an HTC Wildfire S. It was accidentally locked. But google id and password couldn’t be verified because internet and wireless were switched off. I had no way to turn internet on.
    Tried many things found on the internet. None worked.
    Found this and thought I’d give it a go. Took about 15 attempts. It didn’t go to the home screen, but did make the pull down bar at the top work, which allowed me to turn on the internet. I was then able to enter my google id and password to successfully unlock my phone.
    Many thanks.

56. Olivia says:

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy europa and i’ve tried this method many times and it hasnt worked. I’ve also tried the hard reset but i never seem to get to the ‘exclamation mark screen’.
    Do you have any suggestions? thanks a lot i’d really appreciate it!

57. Sonny says:

I have a samsung t589 and forgot the unlock pattern and don’t want to reset phone to lose things. Please help me.

58. wolfie39 says:

i have this problem to MOTOROLA DEFY …

59. patrick says:

what do i do if my phone wont unlock from this method i have the lg thrive

60. kayleigh says:

i have galaxy s , tried it but didnt work. Im not quite sure what the home button is on the galaxy s as its different keys from the video.It has an actual button in the middle is that the home button?

61. Miguel says:

as im tappin the home button then hit the emergency button it flashes to the home screen but it never stays, any tips on this?

62. Susanne says:

Thank you so much! My brat daughter didn’t get the hint when I changed my pattern so when I grabbed my phone today I was locked out. After initial panick and a little rage and venting I powered up my pc and googled to find a bunch of links on how you need a hard reset. Not that there’s anything important on my phone but I really didn’t feel like going through all that bs…plus I can never remember any passwords…lol
    Needless to say you saved me from a lot of headache….and btw on my htc EVO the google email and password worked just fine even though I have quite a few other accounts including facebook and at least 3 email accounts.

63. chris says:

what about the T-mobile mytouch 3g slide?? it is an android phone..
    is it the same as this?? i really need my phone tomorrow..i need it soo badly!!

64. lindsay says:

just before i rebooted my whole phone, and deleted everything on it, i found this. thank you so much!

65. diana says:

do u know if this works for the HTC wildfire ? ;(

66. ragene says:

hiii i have a lg GT540 n this does not wrk cld u plzzzz help mee

67. ron23 says:

bro, i got the same problem, my brother try to unlock my samsung galaxy ace 10 times so when i look on it, my phone asking for google account when i put my gmail its not working, then i tried to make an account again in google by using my laptop.i can open it on laptop i tried alot of times but its not working on my phone i also try to do your stuff 🙁 hope that you can help me about my problem.. thank you

68. David says:

i luv u dis works

69. David says:

i luv u it works

70. Usman Khawaja says:

Thanks man i was searching for something like this i had some really important stuff on my samsung galaxy s you saved my day Thanks once again

71. Cha says:

Pls. help me. It kept asking me the google acct. and password which i dont know. i watche the video but i dont have a home key then. im using LG Optimus Chat L04C.thanks

72. Cha says:

PLEASE HELP ME. I DONT HAVE HOME KEY. WHAT SHOUL I PRESS? IM USING LG OPTIMUS CHATL04C.

73. Ania says:

Omg dude who ever you are I LOVE YOU, no joke lol. Thank you so much this thing actually works and i got it on my first try. Thanks to you i dont have to get a new phone anymore. I just cant believe when i went to Radioshack they couldn’t do anything. Pathetic right? Well anyways thanks again, you are a Genius!

74. Sirish says:

will it work on galaxy i7500??? plz reply anyone!!

75. Tanis30 says:

Hi everyone:)

My son was playing with my phone and managed to bring up this screen that said:

” too many pattern attempts ” .

I tried my gmail login info, but it didn’t work, finally I seen a video on the net that pointed me to the right direction.

1. If your Youtube login name and password doesn’t work on your phone then do this and Enshallah, God willing it works:
    a: log into your youtube account and changed your password.
    b: type in your full gmail address into your phone and your password is now your new password. It should work perfectly. 🙂

76. Issa itani says:

Hi I have a samsung galaxy y and it’s lock because there is too many pattern attempts and i forgot my google account so please help me and tell me what tod do .

77. dlocalhost says:

HI, you have found a great solution to unlock screen, thanks man.

Everything is fine with my phone, just asking you in curiosity.

All you have done this to delete extra a/c from your mobile so that, your phone can verify both email and password.

1. In my mobile I have samsungdive a/c and below this I have gmail a/c, do you think I should delete my samsungdive a/c and keep only gmail a/c to get this trick to work.

2. And to try your trick, my moble must have internet connection enabled before i attempt this?

Thanks

78. […] How to Unlock Android Phone after too many pattern attempts without factory reset […]

79. John Muigai says:

This report is not helping at all

80. githined says:

does it work on samsung galaxy s super clear GT-I9003

pls tell me

it has a button in the center as menu button will it work for this model

81. githined says:

mister admin or mister dennis

does it work for samsung galaxy s super clear GT-I9003

82. Aria says:

So I just NOW found this website…and I am so mad I did not find it a year ago! I had the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate and had the same Gmail issue as everyone else. I instead got the iPhone 4….I just tried this method and completely unlocked my Fascinate!!! I feel so stupid haha. However, can I still make it work even though it has no cellular service?

83. Valon says:

i have LG P970 and it didn’t work…please help!!

84. Gurdy says:

worked on second try samsung gem

85. shawna says:

what about samsung 15800?

86. Mother says:

hi i am a mother with three kids that are intrested in many things and my son watches me while i put in my lock code so i guess he thought he could get into my phone while i was cooking instead of bothering me. with that he locks me out of my phone… i have a LG Android and i have been sitting here for about thirty minutes and still nothing… what can i do instead of getting my phone reset because i have had this phone a long time and dont want to lose anything that i have on my phone.

87. sad says:

MY CHILD HAS LOCKED HER SAMSNG GRAVITY SMARTPHONE. WILL THIS METHOD WORK WITH HER MODEL

88. Stacy says:

What do you do if you have to swipe your screen to unlock your phone? My daughter locked my phone up and I can eventually get to the home screen but as soon as I swipe the screen to unlock, it goes BACK to the Gmail sign-in/password thing. I tried putting in my Gmail ID and password and it sticks on “CHECKING” forever! I am starting to think I may have to do factory reset and I do NOT want to do that! HELP PLEASE!

89. nizam says:

Cant remember pattern and wont except gmail account got the phone of a friend she can`t remember her gmail account either
    samsung galaxy ace

90. Cassie says:

IphOne 4 help plzzzz

91. RIPPEY says:

Nice man it actually worked i started doubting it but it eventually worked much appreciated man thanks.

92. RIPPEY says:

I did it on the samsung galaxy s facinate verizon it worked perfect.

93. keaira says:

i can not get my phone unlocked . does anyone no what i can use to unlock it without the home button/key .

94. lana says:

this have not worked for me and i wont it to

95. Tharry Salley says:

I have an LG C-800 with the same problem. Will this work for my phone as well?

96. sneh singh says:

any help for LG Optimus Black… please m realy frustrated

97. Joseline says:

Help what I can do for my touch 4g slide

98. Ant says:

I swear i’ve had this problem and had to reset my phone numerous times. And we all know you loose your contacts and apps.. But this one time, with the help of this video, i didnt have to… 100% GAURENTEE!!!
    Thank you because i know a plenty of people that need this!!

99. Amy says:

I had this problem last year. Verizon wouldn’t help me – and anyone know where the nearest Google store is? I consequently did a hard reset on my phone (I lost everything as Google did not back up on my synched computer, although they were capable of locking out me of my phone). I eventually got Verizon to order me a new phone. I cancelled and sent the phone back as it was not worth the headache. I had insurance included in my Verizon package, which they then wanted to charge me $150.00 deductible (although my policy read $70.00)

I now receive phone calls on my iphone from Verizon Collections to pay $500.0 to Verizon which says they never received the returned phone in the warehouse, regardless of my producing the FedEx airbill signed for at the Verzon Warehouse in Texas acknowledging receipt of the phone. Yeah Google, Yeah Verizon!! Not…..

100. Lynn says:

I am locked out of my LG Optimus P509 phone and i am trying the method shown in the video. It’s not working for me. Could i get some clarification on this? Its a tmobil optimus so when the tmobile sign comes on do io start tapping home then? and then when the phone comes on, with the unlock slide screen do i keep pressing home or what? Im a little confused please help me out?!?!??!

101. jonathan says:

im trying it on my Gx2 from t mobile and it wont work

102. kelvin says:

my phone is viewpad 7 problem is although i try to spam the homekey like the video bt still cant work

103. kelvin says:

my phone is viewpad 7 althought i follow ur instruction like the youtube video but still cant work can u hlp me i reli need my phone to work pls

104. Mohammed says:

I think this method will only work for Galaxy S.This dosn’t seem to work for my Lg gt540 it runs on Android OS. Admin do you no any solution to this. I do not want to reset the phone. please help!

105. joseph says:

I need help does this work to galaxy young plss. i dont know what to do really scared .. help
    galaxy y gt-5360?
    pls ..

106. carol says:

Help me please. I’ve got a problem same like you. My brother tap to many pattern code n it makes my phone asked for google account n i can’t remember mine! My phone Samsung Galaxy Y (GT- S5360).
    I’ve been trying to use the same method as your suggest on Galaxy S, but it didn’t work on mine. Maybe the home button in mine isn’t like Galaxy S.
    Can you guys help me to get solution for my lovely phone? 🙁

I appreciated your advise.

Loves,

Carol.

107. Chris says:

This worked for me on the first try. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

108. dan says:

doese this work on galaxy y? and what if i havent syncronize the email and password to my phone. plsssss help me 🙁

109. terrell says:

ok i have an my touch 4g and i have tried my pattern several times.to where now i have to put in an gmail accoutn but i dont know mine i really need to get into it can anyone help please

110. Annette says:

I have forgot my ideos huawei pattern but my phone isn’t lockeits not yet off am trying to keep it on as long as I can it’s ma 2phone in 1month uneed to help me now or my mum will kill me!

111. Kelly says:

It worked on my little brothers samsung intercept the 2nd time around. Thanks dave!!!! Muah!!! I was searching the net for hours trying to find a way. I did not want to buy him a new phone or pay to have it unlocked. Once again thanks!!!

112. SamsungGalaxyS says:

Hi can anyone help pls.

My samsung galaxy s gt-I9000t is locked and i have tried your way. I have the new version gingerbread and was wondering if it works on that. We have had it come up a few times but then it goes back to the locked pattern. I cannot remember my google account or password. Can you pls help. I have photos and videos on there and do not want to loose them.

Thanks in advance.

113. SamsungGalaxyS says:

Hi. Can anyone help Pls!

My samsung galaxy s gt-I9000t is locked and i have tried your way. I have the new version gingerbread and was wondering if it works on that.We have had it come up a few times but then it goes back to the locked pattern. I cannot remember my google account or password. Can you pls help. I do not want to loose my photo’s or videos that are on my phone. They are not on the sd card 🙁

Thanks in advance.

114. roldan says:

does this work for galaxy Y? and what if i havent syncronize my email two my phone.

115. hittz says:

quote “Susanna

When your phone is off, simultaneously press the volume up and down buttons and press the power button at the same time, when an exclamation mark comes up, press the home button”.

THANKS SUSANNA IT WORKED PERFECTLY.

116. SamsungGalaxyS says:

i finally got in. I tried my a few names that i thought could have been my google account and passwords. Finally with one of the google accounts and password i got in. So i tried this on my samsung galaxy s and it worked.

I read that some was able to get in through their google account on the the computer and was going to do that but my husband said lets try your mobile first and it workd.

When putting google account on your phone make sure you put the whole thing even after the @ symbol.
    Thanks

117. alice says:

i just want to ask , will it work for samsung galaxy q? my friend tried to unlock my phone hundreds of times and now i cant get into my phone.

118. j maiti says:

my phone galaxy note not open …………

119. mk says:

hw about samsung galaxy ace :(?

120. avn.espi says:

Hi. How can I unlock my samsung galaxy y after too many pattern attempts Please help me.

121. jordan says:

i have an optimus 5 phone and its locked up because i forgot my pattern unlock code could someone plzz help me idc if i have to reset the whoole phone..

122. tonabelle says:

I have a Verizon motorola Droid Incredible 2 that I am locked out of. I have tried multiple times to enter my gmail name and password with no results. Will this trick unlock my phone? I REALLY don’t want to do a factory reset!!! Please someone help! I looked through all the comments but no one seems to have tried this with the same phone as mine. Thanks!

123. akimbo says:

my phone samsung galaxy y is blocked after many wrong attempts…. Plz help

124. eya says:

how to unlock screen with my samsung GALAXY Y?

125. eya says:

how to unlock screen with my samsung GALAXY Y? any way to unlock it?need help ASAP…

126. eya says:

any way to unlock screen of my samsung GALAXY Y?need help ASAP…

127. kenrhinne says:

how about the GALAXY Y .. plss help me..

128. roland says:

hey!I need help!I couldn’t bypass with your method!my phone is galaxy mini!

129. denise says:

i have samsung galaxy mini and i do not have a google accountin my phone. and i have forgotten the paatern i have saved. what should i do??

130. Kassi says:

Yaaay! this worked! just takes like 5 minutes but it works

131. craig says:

Can I do it on a DROID???

132. ey j says:

Hi yes this did work for me. Thank you sooo much.
    I have the Samsung fascinate with Verizon.
    The only thing I tweaked because it was starting to get frustrating was I held my finger on the emergency button and tapped really fast on the home button. My home screen suddenly popped up quicker than I thought.

Thanks again.

133. shanky says:

my phone lava s12 is lock in pattern how to unlock it plzzz..can any one tell ho to unlock it

134. Michele says:

Just used the new paid version of Screen Lock Bypass called Screen Lock Bypass Pro. It was $2.00 and it worked flawlessly! No need to reset the phone once you’re in!! I give it 5 stars. You just download it from the android market from your pc and once it installs on your phone, plug in your charger and poof! It takes you to a screen to manage/reset your password. I have an IC2

• David says:

The reason your google username/password doesn’t work is because of the other password profiles that seem to be blocking it. If the “free” version of Screen Lock Bypass works, you can use that to go into your phone [instructions from #4 above] and delete your other passwords to make your Google password work! I will test this and see if it works. 😉

[update: it did with a few glitches. Will update my article with instructions for this. Thanks Michele!]

135. kirsty says:

i have entered the wrong pattern on my android phone and it keeps asking me to put in my google information so i do but it wont work i have tried all of the above so please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!

136. nina ali luvZs you says:

my phone wont unlock to what do i do

137. ashley brock says:

hi there i have a samsung galaxy mini gt-s5570 i did my patten to many time and i have now forgot my gmail password i nedd help urgently as my girlfriend is pregent and i cant get in contact with here how do i sort this problem out please get in contact asap thanks ashley brock x

138. Kathryn says:

Err hey. Tried it around 10 times but it failed.. I have a Samsung Galaxy Y, all that happens is when I do it and keep tapping it, it comes up with my old lock wallpaper that I had, so I scroll it across so I get to my menu and but the menu goes straight away!! HELP!! PLEASE!! I don’t want to factory reset it:(

139. wendy pham says:

Hi,I have an HTC sensation, I try to put in a password for screen lock, I enter too many number, then the next step the phone ask me to confirm it,but I forgot what number I put in, now I’m stuck, I can’t set a password for screen lock. Do you have any idea to remove what number I had entered so I can reset it.Plsease help me. Thank you very much !

140. Marie says:

Please help me. Your methods, can i use in my Galaxy Y gt-s5360? Please help meeee

141. SAMSUNG says:

Samsung galaxy gt-s5360 work on it?

142. Natacha says:

It didn’t work for me… I have a LG Shine Plus and i’ve tried everything. Nothing works. My boyfriend bought that phone from somebody and that person says he doesn’t remember the pattern or the email and password. I REALLY NEED THIS PHONE UNLOCKED 🙁

143. Vedran Ugrin says:

Hi ppl pls help me…i want to know did anyone managed to do this on Galaxy 3 GT -i5800??

im trying this whole day…and cant manage to do it ?!:(

pls help me …i even tried to do hard reset but it wont go!

btw.this phone only has three buttons..menu,home(middle),and back?

david pls help!

144. Chloe Obrien says:

where do i message to get my username&password

145. christine landiza says:

thank you very much! at last.. i can access my phone.. method 3 works for me… i’m using samsung galaxy y… 🙂

146. Sylvain says:

Method 2 worked wonderfully for me when any other method failed.
    I have an Acer Liquid (first gen if I recall corectly)

Many thanks

147. Rod says:

Have tryed all ways to open my samsung galaxy s GT i9000, after to many pattern attempts. Realy need some help, even if its to a factory reset

148. Dan says:

option 3 with the 2 step auth worked wonders. Thank you for the tips.

149. Albert says:

Method 3 worked!!! Thank you so much!!!!

150. Jason says:

third method work for my HTC incredible after my kids locked it and the password for my google account didn’t work. thanks.