How to Factory Reset Your Verizon Fascinate Samsung Galaxy-S Phone
By popular demand, this is how you can factory reset your Samsung Fascinate Android phone from Verizon.
Warning Note: This factory reset will erase your contact information and phone apps permanently! Back up your personal data before attempting this. If you have a Verizon Fascinate, please try my other method to unlock your phone: http://www.ultratechy.com/how-to-unlock-android-phone-after-too-many-pattern-attempts-without-factory-reset/
1. Completely power down your phone by pressing the power button for 2 seconds and selecting Power Off.
2. Let it power off completely for 20 seconds.
3. While pressing the volume up and volume down button together, press the power button to turn on your phone.
4. Accidentally, you may go into download mode. See this link if you get stuck: http://www.ultratechy.com/stuck-on-downloading-do-not-turn-off-target-problem/
5. When successful, it will go in to Manual Mode (or Android System Recovery) and you will see the following menu:
- reboot system now
- apply sdcard:update.zip
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
6. Use the volume down button to highlight “wipe data/factory reset”.
7. Press the Home button to select wipe data/factory reset your phone.
8. At the warning message, press volume up to reset device or volume down to cancel.
9. After wipe is complete, press the Home button to reboot.
Other phone instructions can or will be different. Please search for your own method as necessary.
Let me know if this unlocked your phone as there are reported failures!